Friday, January 9, 2009

Lucas speaks after his first session


You’ve completed your first session, was it anything like you were expecting?

You can’t really expect anything with 80 cars on the track and some fearless guys driving them. It’s difficult to overtake out there but I’m trying to be consistent in my lap times. I also had a problem with a puncture but I spoke to my team on the radio and they managed to fix it quickly.

Are you confident of making up the lost time?

Yes, I’m looking forward to my next session, which will be in the dark. Night driving is very exciting, with all the lights flying past.

Are you starting to feel tired?

No, I’m good. I’ve had plenty of energy drinks which keep me going. I feel great for now but this is an endurance race and there is a long way to go yet. This is the longest race I have driven in and it is fantastic. To be an endurance driver is my greatest dream and already I’m hoping to do it again next year.